2017 was a great reading year for me. Previous years I have been determined to read around 50 books and never been successful. 2017 I decided to decrease the number and aim for a smaller number, 30, something that was more manageable. I managed to read all 30 books I wanted to read in order to reach the goal and I'm pretty damn chuffed with myself. There wasn't any specific genre I read, I'm usually quite open to reading any genre but 2017 was a great year and I read some fabulous books in the process. 

One of my 2018 Goals is to continue to read a lot, maybe more. I'd love it if I could read 40 books this year but who knows. I also use Goodreads quite regularly, so definitely join me on there for all things books if you're an avid reader. Without further ado here are the 10 Books of 2017. 





The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
Ctrl Alt Delete: How I Grew Up Online by Emma Gannon
The Break Down by B.A.Paris
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K.Rowling
We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie






All The Good Things by Clare Fisher
One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M.Mcmanus
Ice Cream for Breakfast by Laura Jane Williams
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

These 10 books were definitely what I most enjoyed reading in 2017, however there was a lot more than this within the 30 books that I read. I am already so stocked to get stuck into some more books in 2018. 

What books did you read in 2017 that was your favourite? 

SHARE 14 comments

Add your comment

  1. I loved The Hate U Give! And I think I need to read Ice Cream for Breakfast. My favorite of '17 was The Unseen World by Liz Moore. Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hate U Give is such a great book, definitely put it on your list. I need to look into The Unseen World x

      Delete
  2. Ah I miss reading books! Ive only read 2 or 3 in 2017 about travelling but I really hope ill get better with it this year! Thanks for suggestions I have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they were 2 great books about travelling though! I'm sure you will - it's just about making the time to schedule it in, I know it's not always easy though! xx

      Delete
  3. I love BA Paris. Behind closed Doors is a great read. I really enjoyed reading a lot of crime this year. Highlights include Clare Macintosh I See You and SK Tremayne The Fire Child :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behind Closed Doors was a definite good read. I have loved Crime too, you've definitely helped with some inspiration. What other genres of books do you enjoy or is it specific to Crime do you reckon? xx

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for some new books to read this year!! Cannot wait to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this has given you some inspiration, Emma Gannon's book is a definite must read though! xx

      Delete
  5. One of us is lying was an amazing read for me!If you like YA books, I would definitely recommend the Flawed series by Cecelia Ahern - it was a firm favourite for me in 2017.Also, Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult has stuck with me since I read it too
    Rachel // www.thebeautyisabeast.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes I've got this series on my bookshelf but haven't reached for it yet. I'm determined to read all of the books on my bookshelf this year, one way or another. I have so many unread things! I love Jodi Picoult, why isn't there more hours in the day to enjoy so many more books?! xx

      Delete
  6. My favourite book of last year was Josi Picoults Small Great Things. Well worth a read! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep getting told this book was fab, feel free to lend me your copy babe ;) xx

      Delete
  7. The Couple Next Door and The Breakdown were so good! Highly recommend B A Paris' other novel, Behind Closed Doors. She also has a new book out in March, I think. I think my favourite book of 2017 was They All Fall Down by Tammy Cohen, it's the book that stuck with me and left a mark! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read Behind Closed Doors, I enjoyed that one too! I'll definitely be looking out for the new book in March, keeping my eyes pealed for that one! Thanks for your recommendations! xx

      Delete

© Theatre & Tonic · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS