I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets excited to explore what the airport's duty-free has to offer before heading onto their destination ✈️.  Given some airports offer better duty-free options than others but it's good to make the most of what they do have within their airport, especially if you're after some essentials you forgot to pack in your suitcase (usually my problem!)

This blog post is in collaboration with East Midlands Airport, which is actually the closest airport to my location, just 15 minutes up the road from me in fact.


East Midlands Airport brings in over 4 million passengers during the year and serves more than 90 leisure and business destinations throughout the world. In the airport their duty-free offers fantastic products in Fragrance, Makeup, Skincare, Clothing, Technology and so much more.  With the duty-free, there's also fantastic offers for you to get your hands on including two free FastTrack passes when you order any product online to collect at the airport. There are also airport exclusives that are not available on the high street, the Clinique Daily Essentials set is only £39.45.4

I was invited along to the East Midlands Airport to get an idea what their duty-free has to offer and whether I could purchase any great bargains whilst I was there too! The stores I was checking out were Superdrug, Accessorize, and Traveller. 

Superdrug provides the biggest brands in Health and Beauty as well as exclusive products all at great prices. If you're like me then you probably always forget something essential for your holiday. In Superdurg I decided to grab some products for a festival, because some of my summer will be spent at festivals. The store at the airport also had a 3for2 offer on their make up products and not only that you got some festival gem essentials from The Gypsy Shrine for free. I got my hands on the *Maybelline Burgundy Palette, *Revolution Liquid Highlighter Luminous Gold and the *Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid in Fire Starter 500. I can't wait to make the best festival look possible with these products!

Next stop we explored an in-house store Traveller. Traveller has all of the major brands and latest in fashion under one roof. You could get pieces of clothing from Superdrug, Joules, The North Face and Duck and Cover. I loved the variety of different brands this store had to offer and for affordable prices. There were so many pieces of clothing I could have brought in a heartbeat. 




There seemed to be a lot of stripes on show in the store (hooray!) of course I bought myself another striped top which will be perfect for the slightly colder summer evenings. The store also had a great array of things on their sale racks so definitely worth checking if you are heading to the store!

Last on the list were the Summer essentials queen's themselves, Accessorize. Accessorize really have it in the bag when it comes to selling some essentials for the holidays. This year they have again created a range of products ideal for your Summer plans. I gravitated towards something for a festival and of course, Accessorize had exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't resist the *Mirror Tassle Bumbag which would definitely fit in all of my essentials at the festivals this summer. It has a really gorgeous design and I love the quality of the buckle too! I also purchased one of the store's *Sterling Silver Sacral Chakra Bracelet with an orange string as I really liked the entire presentation of their sterling silver products. 




There are some other fantastic stores available in East Midlands Airport too, including JD Sports, World Duty-Free, and W H Smith. I cannot wait for my next holiday from the airport and to give their duty-free area another look around for exclusives! 

Something else on offer at the airport is their Grab App, a fantastic new app for the customers to pre-order their food to save time whilst at the airport. All you need to do is download the app, order your food from a selection of restaurants in the airport and grab it whenever it's ready! It's a great addition to the airport that I'm totally for! 

marked with an asterisk (*) were gifted as part of this collaboration with East Midlands Airport. 
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. I love East Midlands, it’s a great size and has a good selection of shops and restaurants

    ReplyDelete

© Theatre & Tonic · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS